The Book Idaho the Whitewater State already exists. Idaho the Whitewater State, the guidebook was written by Grant Amaral and published in 1990. the content of the book is the result of the efforts of three key groups of Idaho Kayakers. The core team: Grant Amaral, Eric Straubhar, Tony Brennan, Dan Givens, and Clinton LaTourette. The second group: Jim Ciardelli, Craig Stoenner, Jim Grosso, Kevin Jensen. In addition, Montana Kayakers, Doug Ammons and Monte Morevac were key to many of the North Idaho runs. Doug, in particular, was instrumental in the formation of the book with is knowledge both on and off the river. Doug's input and editing skills are reflected throughout the book .
This site is intended for the original team and a new generation of kayakers, writers, editors. The goal and unifying force is a keen interest in contributing to the body of knowledge of Idaho Rivers.
All textual content of the site Kayak Idaho is subject to Copyright , except for pages that explicitly state that their contents are in the public domain. See Project:Copyrights for full details.
What Idaho Whitewater is
- Idaho Whitewater is about Idaho the Whitewater State, rivers, rapids, water and the people who use them.
English is the main and reference language on the whole site. That's it.
- Help:Contents will be the front door to Idaho the Whitewater State generic site user help
- This site therefore includes pure descriptions, suggestions.
- Idaho Whitewater is heading to become a first access point
- This site is meant to become the first access point to the world of Idaho the Whitewater State, collecting and including nearly all important information about it - in the long run.
What Idaho Whitewater is not
- Of course, users can have their own personal pages, but they are used for information relevant to working on Kayak Idaho. Advertising, especially external links, may be removed from a user's page when there are no relevant user contributions related to Idaho the Whitewater State.
- Idaho Whitewater is not a repository of links, images, or media files
- This site is neither a mirror nor a repository of links, images, or media files. Please upload only files that are useful for Idaho Whitewater and provide full information on source and a free license; everything else will be deleted. Read the upload guidelines carefully.
- All content added to Idaho the Whitewater State may/will be edited mercilessly and redistributed at will. By submitting any content, you agree to release to Idaho the Whitewater State.
- Idaho the Whitewater State is not an indiscriminate collection of information.
- This site is not an indiscriminate collection of items of information about rivers and whitewater. That something is dealing with any river or with any whitewater issue in general does not mean it is suitable for inclusion in this site. Please stay on the task of creating contents concerning Idaho rivers, rapids and whitewater.
- Idaho the Whitewater State is not a forum or a chatroom
- Don't (mis)use this site, especially user pages and talk pages, as a forum, bulletin board or chatroom (what is a question of quantity and contents, of course).
Idaho the Whitewater State History
The first edit in the current wiki on this site happened in August 2004. All the content still is and, of course, will be work in progress.